Monday, April 25, 2011

Justified Ancients


We I bought a couple of cds the other day which I'm working through.
Blues & Jazz.

John Lee Hooker - I think Benny had introduced me to him. I got this and the squirrel nut zipper album in the excellent Freebird Record shop in Dublin


I can't remember who told be about the squirel nut zippers but I think it was benny, I think they're like the canadian cherry poppin daddies - modern swing











I also got a best of Son House, I've been fascinated by this guys since watching the Martin Scorcsese documentary on the blues. The recording quality is fairly poor so I'm looking forward to having a good listen to it with the head phones on.






And finally a double album including Lee Morgan's The Cooker and Lee-Way both early albums of his recorded before The Sidewinder.

No comments: